Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I'm lost without you"

I swear that I can go on forever again
Please let me know that my one bad day will end
I will go down as your lover, your friend
Give me your lips and with one kiss we begin
Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

I'll leave my room open till sunrise for you
I'll keep my eyes patiently focused on you
Where are you now I can hear footsteps I'm dreaming
And if you will, keep me from waking to believe this

Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

I'm lost without you

-Since I first heard this song, I knew it was gonna mean something to me. It's the most moving,and inspirational song I have ever heard.
The meaning is simple. The title basically explains the whole thing, pretty much. I perceive it as the perfect love song, or the perfect teenage love song for sure. It's about openly admitting for the first time that you're actually in love with a person.
"Are you afraid of being alone? 'Cause I am" - When I first heard this line, I was amazed. I still think it's absolutely brilliant. Again, it's openly admitting that you're literally afraid to be without the person that means so much to you.
I could say so much more about this song, and go through it line by line, but I think I'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment